Data – collectively all data you submit to The Lagoon Trading Company Limited via the website.
Date Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to Derective 96/46/EC (Date Protection Directive) or GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
The Lagoon Trading Company Limited, We or Us – The Lagoon Trading Company Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales with Registered number 2475241 and registered offices at Unit 112, Coronation Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP12 3RP.
User or You – any third party that accesses the website that is not a direct employee of The Lagoon Trading Company Limited and acting in the course of their employment, engaged as a consultant, or otherwise providing services to The Lagoon Trading Company Limited and accessing the website in connection with the provision of these services.
Website – the website that you are currently using, www.thelagoongroup.com, and any sub domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa
- c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitations”
- e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Lagoon Trading Company Limited is the “data controller”. This means that The Lagoon Trading Company Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5. We may collect the following data, which includes personal Data (if provided) from you:
- a. Name and address (registered company address or other)
- b. Job title
- c. Profession
- d. Contact information such as email address, telephone numbers and social media handles
How we collect data
6. We collect data in the following ways:
- a. Data is given to us by you
- b. Data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
7. The Lagoon Trading Company Limited will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
- a. when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail, trade shows or through any other means
- b. When you register with us, express and interest and/or set up and account to receive our products/services;
Sharing your Information with Third Parties
8. We never sell or use your data for anything other than what it was given to The Lagoon Trading Company Limited. This can sometimes include third parties such as our parent company, warehousing partner used in order fulfilment or a credit reference agency used to provide credit payment terms. These partners will never store your data for longer than necessary.
Obtaining a copy of your Information
9. You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Our use of data
10. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for internal record keeping and if we deem it necessary to do so in relation to legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see section headed “your rights” below).
11. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Keeping data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data for example:
- a. access to your account is controlled by a password and account reference that is unique to you.
- b. we store your data on secure servers with limited business access.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Even if we delete your data, it may exist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
16. You have the following rights in relation to your data
- a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you or this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request we will tell you the reasons why.
- b. Right to correct – the right to have you data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- c. Right to erase – the right the request that we delete or remove your data from our systems
- e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move copy or transfer your data
- f. right to object – the right to object to our use of your data including where use it for legitimate interest.
17. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website https://ICO.org.uk/.
18. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it
Links to other websites
Changes to business ownership and control
21. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it
22. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
You may contact The Lagoon Trading Company Limited by email: email@example.com